Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Picture Perfect Selfies - by Cheryl Wright

Every year my long-time writing group has an annual retreat.

We work hard, with lots of workshops and critiquing being held throughout the weekend. But there is also some time available for socializing, getting to know each other better, partying, and selfies!

I'm not photogenic - never have been - and hate having my photo taken, but still my friends come up and snap selfies with me in them. (Insert sad face here.)

So when I saw this stamp set from Art Impressions, I just had to have it! It is totally representative of my friends, both at retreat and at our regular meetings.







Instead of using Copics this time, I decided to watercolor this image. It's been quite a while since I did any watercoloring, and I can see I need some practice!

Before I close, I want to let you know that my romantic suspense novel, Running Scared, is on sale for just 99 cents. Go here to check it out! 


 Thanks for stopping by. Til next time,

















Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Blog:  www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor

Make sure you join my Facebook page as I run regular giveaways for followers!




8 comments:

  1. Do love the cartoon. I do not like to have my picture taken either. Not only friends do this but my grandchildren seem to have trigger fingers on their phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone (and I do mean everyone) takes my photo despite knowing I hate it.

      Thanks for stopping by Janet!

      Delete
  2. Love it! You are very talented Cheryl. Not just a writer but a painter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, but I'm not a painter - just colored the images!

      Delete
  3. Great little story there Cheryl. Anxiously waiting for your next book. Love your stories so believable and so interesting. Hard to put down. Love your card - fabulous digi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ina! I am working on the next book, I promise!!

      Delete
  4. Ok, this is my second shot at posting this so forgive me if you get it twice. I can't understand the selfie business. Have trouble finding the camera on my phone, and just about manage to take pics of others. Great cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricia, I'm not into selfies, as you probably guessed! And I only just learned how to turn the camera around - not that I'll use it!!

      Delete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive