Monday, November 10, 2014

Shabby Chic Birthday Card by Cheryl Wright

It was recently a crafting friend's birthday, and knowing she shares my love of cards that are vintage and/or shabby chic, I got to work.

Shabby Chic, in particular, is generally based around pastel colors such as pink, blue, mint, and soft lemon or lavender. It often includes flowers, pearls or rhinestones, ribbons, and generally contains some distressing. (Distressing is the art of making something look old, even though it's new.)

Go to this link on Pinterest for a great example of shabby chic.

I just adore this style of cardmaking, and use it a lot.

Taking into consideration my friend's style preferences, this is the card I made for her.


My friend loved her card, as I knew she would (simply because of the style).

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to join my Facebook page. I have a giveaway running at the moment, and I'd love for you to enter.

This month's prize is a print copy of Don't Tell, Don't Die plus a custom-made keychain.


Til next time,














Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Blog:  www.cheryl-wright.com/blog
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor

8 comments:

  1. The card looks beautiful, but all the cards you make are so lovely. I have three of them sitting on my sideboard.

    Regards

    Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret. I really love this one, which is unusual as I'm always so critical of my cards. (We're our own worst critics for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I especially love the flowers. I wish you would have expanded a bit and told us how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne. I do have some brief details on my cardmaking blog, but not a lot. You can check it out here:

      http://ideasforcardmaking.net/happy-birthday-friend/

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Claire. Cardmaking is my hobby, and it's the way I relax.

      Delete
  5. Your card is beautiful though I'm not a card person.

    ReplyDelete

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive