Monday, August 10, 2015

Elegant Birthday Card by Cheryl Wright



Less is more.

This is a philosophy I've used in many areas of my life over the years. I do it with cooking, I do it with writing, and I also do it with my cardmaking.

A lot of crafters I know tend to add so many elements and embellishments that it overcrowds the card, and in the end make it look, well, crowded.

The following is a very simple card, while at the same time it's quite elegant.





This card took less than ten minutes to make, and would be great to make multiples of.  (For instance, I could make several of these for Combat Cards in a very short period of time.)

You could easily change up the greeting and it would work for several different celebrations. 

Products used:

Background:  Kaisercraft's new "Roses" embossing folder
Tag: Kaisercraft Tag Shapes Decorative Die set
Butterfly: Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly
Greeting: Stampin' Up! Blooming with Kindness (now retired)


 I hope you've enjoyed this card. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time!















Links:

My website:  www.cheryl-wright.com 
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cherylwrightauthor 
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/writercheryl
BWL website: http://bookswelove.net/authors/wright-cheryl/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive