Friday, October 9, 2015

Flawed Heros and Perfect Heroines by romance author Killarney Sheffield





CLICK TO PURCHASE FROM AMAZON


Click for the Publisher Direct Discount - BOGO Free

People ask me all the time why I write the kind of characters I do. Well, I suppose it stems from those old Harlequins from years back. Most of the heroes were these beastly fellows whom the heroine spent the bulk of the book trying to reform. I got tired of heroes with issues! Honestly, look around you, we are all flawed people. In this day and age society has developed an acceptance of things flawed, different and even bizarre. Who are we as people, as women? We are flawed, let’s face it, we all have our quirks and we are all looking for Mr. Perfect, right? RIGHT! Of course we all know there is no such thing as perfect, but that doesn’t stop every fairy tale from insisting our Prince Charming exists now does it? And what’s wrong with striving for the perfect man? Nothing… as long as you realize you’re only going to get almost perfect and accept that. And everyone’s perception of perfect is different of course. 
 
I want my heroines to be flawed, quirky, maybe not think things all the way through, after all that is how all humans are. And as a reader I want my heroes to be just that, HEROES, who despite being almost perfect fall for that weird, klutzy, stubborn, wild heroine, because isn’t that what we all want, someone to love us despite all out faults? Hell yes!  Besides, if TV and social media has shown us anything it’s that perfection is only a well-crafted illusion. We are all flawed but we all share the same dream, for that perfect someone to fall hopelessly head over heels in love with us anyway. Yup, we are all Libra’s deep down inside: hopeless romantics who think life and love should be fair. We are all fools for love.
And as for the Libra thing… it was my birthday yesterday.  And my wish was to remain a romantic fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive