Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Facebook Genius Reincarnate (with a Gold Aura!) by Gail Roughton

Hop on the Broomstick!

Am I the only one who's noticed? Either America's getting really dumb or really brilliant.  And I have an impeccable source to support that statement.  Facebook.  Think about it. Every other post is some little quiz claiming that only one out of ten people know the answer to all these questions, or only one in a hundred people can spell all these words or pick the proper usage/form of said word in a sentence. Now honestly, when you're not spelling a word from scratch but merely picking the correct spelling or usage out of a choice of three, does that even count as knowing how to spell? Or proof of knowledge of grammar rules in general? I think not, but that's just me talking. 



There are endless variations, of course. "Only a genius can get all ten questions right!"  Well, be still my heart, I must be a bona fide genius. I mean, nobody but a genius (except anyone who's finished elementary school) knows Thomas Edison invented the light bulb rather than  Dwight D. Eisenhower or Ben Franklin.  'Cause oh yeah--those little quizzes are multiple choice, too.  I mean, even if I didn't remember it was Thomas Edison, process of elimination tells me folks didn't go around flipping light bulbs on in the late 1700's and early 1800's so that lets ol' Ben out and Dwight Eisenhower was a World War II General/1950's U.S. President so it's not rocket science to deduce the correct answer.  We'd been using light bulbs a good long while by that time, after all. 



In short, if the quality of education in America has truly sunk to such a level that anyone who knows the plural of deer is deer, that a group of crows is called a murder, a group of cows a herd, or that the correct spelling when referring to the head position of a school is principal and not principle is classed as a genius, or conversely, sunk to such a level that most people don't know most of the answers to all those quizzes--don't tell me. I don't want to know.



I've sworn off most of those quizzes; being a certified genius (per Facebook) I know they're mostly click bait to ascertain which ads to inundate your spam folders and Timeline with, but I'm only human and I love to be entertained, so I still occasionally fall victim to the quizzes that promise to tell you where you should actually live (though I don't think anyone should put much stock in a quiz that told me, poster child of the Deep South, I was only fifty percent Georgian), the true color of your aura, how old your soul is, what you really were in a former life and how you died. If you don't believe in reincarnation, you can find a quiz that'll tell you what type of ghost or angel you'll be (even though technically, I think some scholars believe that you don't become an angel after death because angels are arguably a separate species and you're either created one or you're not.) 




All I can say is I must have an extremely temperamental aura because that sucker changes color from one quiz to the next like a diva changes clothes. It's been every color in the rainbow, which is a very unreliable trait in an aura if you ask me. I'm a very old soul, and that actually stays pretty consistent.  I've been everything from a queen to a witch (and tell me honestly, what woman alive isn't sometimes a queen and sometimes a witch in her present life?) to a bank robber in the old West, I've fallen off cliffs and been shot by the law while trying to escape. I'd be a guardian ghost and a warrior angel. That's provided of course I don't get reincarnated again and human souls do (or can) turn into angels after death (see above discussion on angels.) 

Like I said, it's entertainment, and I'm sure that's all any of us take it to be.  And speaking of entertainment (and reincarnation and angels), there's this little series I wrote a while back wherein my poor heroine discovers she's actually a reincarnated witch who just possibly has a celestial familiar...



Take a ride on War-N-Wit, Inc.'s broomstick, why don't you? Start with The Witch and stay on board for Resurrection
Then hop on your Harley for Daytona Bike Week in The Coven Finish up with an out of this world tour in Mean Street, LLC.  And please check back in for more tongue in cheek blog posts from this writer, the 6th of every month. In the meantime, one of the Books We Love authors is up for your entertainment right here every day, same time, same channel.




A Books We Love Author

Gail Roughton's Books Are Available at:
Smashwords

Stop in and Visit at:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive