Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day Blog

While it defied all odds my blog on the 25th of each month falls on Christmas this month.

It will be three years since we’ve seen a white Christmas. Bing Crosby movies aside
Nancy and I haven’t been skating since the nineties. By chance, we have a skating rink across the street, on the shore of Lake Ontario. Hesitantly, we gave it a try. It took a few minutes to get back in the skate groove. However, we head out there every couple days. Great fun.
I’m not sure if it’s the Toronto air, but we have another retro moment coming up. I have an Orthodox Christian background we had never dared try out own “twelve meatless dishes” feast.
This year on January 7th we will host one of these amazing meals. I think I’m looking foreward the most to the wheat pudding with dried apricots and slivered almonds. Of course, the cherry perogies will be magical, as will the poppy seed cake.
I suspect an extra trip to the gym will be inorder.
Have a wonderful and safe holiday season everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive