Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The birthday soliloquy - by Vijaya Schartz

Find the Archangel books and other books from Vijaya Schartz  at BWL Publishing HERE

Today is my birthday. Nothing special? Maybe not. But to me each day is special. Don't expect me to reveal my age. A French woman will keep you guessing. But a birthday is always a landmark, a reminder that our life is what we make of it, that it's never too late to implement positive change, that good or bad luck are dictated by our outlook on life.

Am I old? Am I young? I am who I am, changed by my insatiable curiosity, my thirst for travels, and enriched by relationships along the way. I am loved by some and disliked by others, like anyone with clear beliefs born of experience.  I was taught early on, never to take anything at face value, to research diligently, think for myself, and draw my own conclusions.

I write about aliens.The Ancient Enemy series is about alien invasion and the heroines who struggle to prevent it.
Do I believe in aliens? If you read my books, you know the answer.


Some call my stories original and my characters believable despite all odds, but whether I write about angels, aliens, heroes, villains, or mythical creatures, they reflect my idea of the universe. I write from a place where justice always prevails in the end, where deserving heroes win, villains get their just punishment, and sincere lovers get their happily ever after.

My stories do not happen in an idyllic world. Far from it. But in popular fiction, unlike in life, the writer has a choice, and I choose to spread hope rather than despair or fear. My worlds are safe for the readers to travel... as long as my characters watch over them.

Even in Celtic myths, like in the Curse of the Lost Isle medieval fantasy series, set in a dark historical period, my characters bring light and hope.
So to me, birthdays may add up but age doesn't matter. I will keep writing the uplifting stories my readers love, where, no matter how grim it looks, heroes will find a way to make the world a better place.

Happy Reading!

 

Vijaya Schartz
  Action, Romance, Mayhem
  http://www.vijayaschartz.com
  Amazon - Barnes & NobleSmashwords -
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive