Wednesday, April 25, 2018

http://bookswelove.net/authors/sawka-randall-western-suspense/

The word ‘groove’ came to mind the other day. I wasn’t in the woodwork shop carving a sign. It came to mind when I had a morning when I added an exceptionally large amount to my latest move.
While I basked in the accomplishment the word ‘roll’ or ‘run’ didn’t pop into my head. I felt like it was a dated word. But, is it? I mulled over the thought and decided it was still used and a far out idea.
Gee whiz, I decided that I was comfortable in my 60’s and 70’s language and self for the most part. Ok, I don’t have fond memories of stripped bell bottoms and I struggle to imagine owning jet boots again.

Those decades put me in touch with my beloved folk music and I still hang out at ‘coffee houses’. I have an issue with paying six dollars for drink and lining up behind dozens of people to order my coffee. Yes, in the heart of Toronto the lines stretch on forever and some have four or five tills humming.
Really? What’s the answers? Is it possible to regain the ‘chilled atmosphere of the past?
Thank you Orillia, Ontario. We stumbled upon an amazing independent coffee shop tucked on a side street. The tables and chairs were a mix of chairs, picnic tables, benches, and sitting in the corner a very very old piano. We sat down and I started writing. A few minutes later a bearded fellow came in with a friend. He set down his guitar case covered with stickers and sipped coffee. He friend went out to their van (so seventies) and brought in a tiny drum kit. They set up and the guitarist tuned up. Minutes later two gentleman arrived. A heavy-set man sat on the tired piano stool and the other man swun open his upright base.
They chatted and plucked away at their instruments for a few minutes, talking and laughing. The locals in the coffee house (no-I won’t call it a coffee shop) barely gave them a look.
A few minutes later our day, and trip across four provinces had a highlight. We sipped,  wrote, and enjoyed high quality jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have opened up comments once again. The comments are moderated so if you're a spammer you are wasting your time and mine. I will not approve you.

Popular Posts

Books We Love Insider Blog

Blog Archive